View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 10:33 AM   #147
Flasch186
Coordinator

So Aiden finished the preseason which is a mix of 11u/12u all star kids split onto 4 different teams. They play each other in a kind of Round Robin style where fun is first and foremost, kids do the coaching too.

He ended up going 10/14 with no K's. .714/.750/.929

He's not hitting dingers right now as I think he doesn't have a steep enough launch angle BUT I'm not even bringing it up since he's not stepping out and making solid contact (50%LD, 21% FB, 29% GB). I am having to focus on him swinging harder. That sounds crazy but I feel like he's just swinging at about 75% most of the time in a contact kind of way but again, I'm being sensitive to not hurt confidence as he's floating right now.

Yesterday he played in some preseason scrimmages against other teams around the league with his own 12u All Stars and he was doing great with a great attitude. He even pitched and while his Velo is not there (low 50's) he finally is beginning to hit the K zone and not getting upset when things don't go his way. The coach says once he's confident about being around the plate they'll work on adding velo.

https://sidelinehd.com/CpSh01-aid-yX...pDu4uTf3iX?s=0

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote