View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 06:30 AM   #329
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, Mackenzie finally made a decision on school, which she announced during senior night at Monday's basketball game. She's decided to give up sports and go to EKU. I think it was the right decision. I don't think she would have made it 4 years (either physically or mentally) playing basketball at the college level. Had a couple of other basketball parents we've known for a long time jokingly tell her she read off the wrong paper. I think a lot of people were surprised, but she got it right. She still has softball season to go, but basketball will end by the last week of February.

So now starts the 6 month process of coping with becoming empty-nesters. I'm kinda looking forward to it, actually. I've got one that just started a job and gradually coming off payroll, and another starting college 45 minutes away. The wife and I booked a week in New Mexico in September - not during fall break, just a regular week during the school year! That felt amazing, after years of only being able to take vacations for sports or not being able to go anywhere except during the times every other family with kids went as well.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote