View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 06:33 AM   #154
saldana
Pro Starter

i have been happily dating someone that started off as a co-worker for over 10 years (we arent married because of our various kid situations from each of our first marriages).

we had known each other for years before i ever "hit on her"...when i finally did, i started out very simple...just made up an excuse to call her and chat with her about random social crap.

eventually got to the point of inviting her to group social outings with some common friends and told her to give me a call if she was interested in meeting up with us.

later that day, i stopped by her cubicle unannounced, grabbed a pen and a post-it pad, and when she asked what i was doing, i said that i told her to call me, so i needed to give her my number, smiled, and walked away.

she emailed me multiple times before i even got back to my own desk because she thought it was so charming that she was still smiling and blushing.

we started formally dating a few weeks later and have been together since.

its all about the approach and not being pushy or creepy...i let her make the calls about what we did and when we did it so she was always comfortable with the situation (work and private).
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote