View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #158
QuikSand
lolzcat

I also continue to keep at least one eye on the Andre Rison set. Most of these team diamonds have lost their profitability… When the sets first came out, most of these cards were selling for well over 200 K… Many of them now are only around 100 K. Because the component parts have not shrunk in price along with the top card, assembling the set is now a money sink. And for me, without a huge store of cash, the ability to do all 32 of those sets, in order to get the big Dan Marino card and it’s power up card, is a far away dream. I just don’t have enough money to do it.

That said, for reasons I got into earlier in this thread, the Andre Rison card remains interesting… The last copy I saw selling was still over 200 K. Right now there are zero copies available. So, I continue to splash around both buying and selling the various components in this set… If I have Consol access soon, I may even take a look at what I could get for my own copy of the 90 card. But, there continues to be interest in the set, meaning there is weird and somewhat unpredictable interest in component cards…It is not completely random, but it is weird that certain cards… Nothing special about them, just rated in the 70s, and cards that should sell for about two or 3000 coins… Routinely spike up to 6000, 10,000, even 20 or more. So, I am just fiddling around and buying low, selling high when I see an opportunity.

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-09-2021 at 12:42 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote