View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #149
QuikSand
lolzcat

The market now seems to have pretty much stabilized… It appears that it is now possible to buy training for about 20 gold. That is the easiest way to understand the market, what is the cheapest available training? Two weeks ago, the answer to that was somewhere around 35 gold… It clicked down kind of gradually to around 30 or maybe 27… Yesterday there was a substantial drop in the afternoon, and now that number seems to be about 20.

I have not gone out to forge through the YouTube contact creators, and others, who follow this stuff more closely than I do… Most likely what has happened is EA made some changes in Pack odds. Meaning, there are packages of cards that you can buy on the EA store in game, and when you open them up they have various percent chances to be cards of various levels. Generally speaking, when EA goes in and makes the pack odds more generous on something relatively high profile, that fundamentally realize the relationship between quality cards (training) and the cheapest way to get them. So, this sounds a little bit subtle, but markets are supposed to work this way… If your chance of getting a 90 rated card got bumped up from 5% to 8% when you buy a certain pack… That should cascade through the entire market place and realign what it costs, in fact, to obtain a 90 rated card.

Anyway, I am in the somewhat on the enviable situation of having most of my relatively free resources tied up in cards, rather than in liquid cash or gold. So, there are a bunch of 89 rated cards that I now possess, that I purchased for 80, 75, or 70 K in gold… My hope has been to sell them for 100 K or so, and clear a profit on each. Now, if the market has basically settled at 70 K being the good buy price, maybe all I can get will be 75-80K, less 10% in taxes. It’s not awful, just disappointing.

300K in cash now, and about 900k in asking prices on the block.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote