View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #104
QuikSand
lolzcat

To elaborate slightly, in this game… As I have already discussed in this thread… There are occasional circumstances where the reward for completing a set is worth more than the cost of the components of the set itself. My son and I have picked up the phrasing of one of the Madden content creators, and we call that “printing quote as in, it is printing money.

How should a free market correct for this? Well, we can look at contests run by McDonald’s or Pepsi or whomever, where you have to collect a variety of letters or monopoly properties or things like that… In order to win prizes. In those cases, there is always a particularly difficult to obtain single item within each set… Essentially it is that one rare component that truly carries the value for that entire set. If the McDonald’s monopoly contest requires you to assemble four pieces together to win $1 million cash… But only one of those four pieces is rare, the rest are all common… And the proper way to assign the value of those four pieces is basically 1 million, zero, zero, zero. It is not true that each of the four pieces is worth a quarter million dollars. People who have collected three out of four of that set our Lourdes into thinking they have made progress, but in nearly all cases, they have accomplished virtually nothing in doing so.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote