View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 09:37 PM   #55
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, Sunday evening is the end of the week, here's the status of the Browns theme team:

(For reference, here's the maxed-out theme team, with every card available if you had unlimited time/coins/cash

-Chemistry: my lineup right now has 52 units of Browns chemistry, 2 more than absolutely needed for the maximum benefit to Browns players... meaning if I wanted to draw the line at "must have 50 Browns" I still have 2x slots to fiddle around with (LT and DT might be my top candidates, if so)

QB: Young is very good but I haven't spent the $ to add scrambling boosters... backup who cares but Baker is just awaiting an improved card to become relevant

RB: I paid to PowerUp Chubb to 89, I can pay to bump him up another click, and after that I'd need the super-expensive Limited Edition card... if I remain frustrated with my inability to re-sell some of these 85s, I may flip three for enough training to max out Chubb (for my purposes)... Hunt is elusive but not a difference maker...no other attractive options out there except Mostert (fast but very expensive)

FB: have Janovich maxed out, he's solid, no improvement possible within CLE chemistry

TE: Njoku is the classic fading card... my first 84, felt like a cheat code against rosters with mostly guys in the mid-70s... now he's still solid but would make a really nice TE2 behind something better... TE2 Hooper is a 79 and likely to get a bump someday... Ozzie perhaps one day

WR: For my team, I'm still relying a lot on my gift players - Captain 89 Alworth and Season Champion 85 Devin Hester as my WR1 and heavily-used slot guys. OBJ is a contested catch guy downfield better than his overall rating (83?) suggests. Landry at 81 is fine depth.

OL: LT 76 Wills is the weak link now, everyone else is into the 80s, and I could plow more training into maxim them out further - C Mack has an 88 card from this latest set, so does RG Kevin Zeitler but that would mean getting his Power Up card, adding the training, and THEN adding the 88 card to max him out...just sitting on Teller and awaiting a new card seems fine. OL is a relative strength here.

P/K: fine but nothing special at all

DL: I watched live as Garrett and Clowney pincered Mahomes today (in the "before times") and that's what we're trying to get from our guys here... 87 and 88, respectively. DE Ogbah is playing inside at DT a lot, for lack of legit options. If I were to make this silly play to build then sell the 91 Megatron card, I'd surely go grab Dalvin Tomlinson, an 88 DT card from that set, to be a major talent boost for us for a while. Still mulling it over.

OLB: Three talented guys for CLE all naturally play LOLB... not ideal. I have 84 JOK as my starter cause he's crazy fast, and 83 Carl Banks behind him. I don't even have Jamie Collins, who maxes out at 89... in theory I could use him, but right now I'm pretty content with JOK who flies around subbed-in as a MLB in my nickel package, which I play 75% of the time... for lack of a natural ROLB I have been playing rookie 86 card Jaelen Phillips who has been fine but not great

MLB: weak spot... I have finally maxed-out 85 Demario Davis, that took time and patience, but behind him there's virtually nothing from CLE... so my next plug-in guy, 86 Micah Parsons from the Rookie Premiere is very solid and fast... SS Kam Chancellor at 83 and ever-increasing as I continue to stumble across performance markers drops into play some MLB as well (in nickel)

CB: With recent addition 83 Joe Haden, I have two CLE guys good enough to not worry about, and RP 86 Jaycee Horn is CB1 for now. It's fine... Denzel Ward should get a boost at some point, and after that we'd be hoping for some of the founders of the Dawg Pound to help out (Frank Minnifield please)

S: Browns are deep with pretty good guys available here, and Kam makes it even more so... the 85 card for John Johnson made his fully Powered-up 86 version my SS1... I haven't even bothered yet with Jordan Poyer or Jabril Peppers but a new card for either could remedy that at some point... Kam and Peppers both can play FS as well, and that might help at some point since right now 86 Trevon Moehrig is my starter, over mere 72 Grant Delpit

Priorities short term:

Not a lot, to be totally honest... 500 training (~20,000 gold) to add a scrambling boost to Vince is in play... could pay to bump up Chubb... and nickel-and-dime stuff here and there... mostly waiting for new players to pursue
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote