View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #10
QuikSand
lolzcat

Over the course of the year, the EA strategy is to dribble out content that constantly pushes your team to look for the next thing. Predictably. I don't mean this as criticism... I don't want to play a static game, I want to build. And if it took me six months just to build up to more or less the current Browns roster, that would likely fail my juice/squeeze test. So, this is fine. Right now, I have a roster that is basically maxed-out Browns, full team chemistry, and a few add-on players for specific reasons.

But over the course of just this week, they will squeeze out new sets of players (Wednesday, I think, will be some "Heavyweights" - likely high-80s players along the OL, DL, and FB positions), and continue with the Saturday release of the next installment of Legends (great players from history) with two more of them.

So, on this team... if they happen to drop something this week that fits my Browns team, like an 89-rated Ozzie Newsome... then I am VERY interested in that card. Maybe (they hope) enough so that I will spend real money to buy packs to open, or other such things (I will not) in pursuit of same. But that's the hook.

Essentially, it's the same ever-building feeling that I have had with old fashioned D&D-style role playing games... I need that better magic sword... then after I get that I want those boots that make you run faster... then after getting that I really need that armor with the magic aura... and after that...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote