View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 09:35 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, that's kind of boring, to be honest. There's a little flexibility in play, and right now that's where all my creativity rests.

I'm abbreviating here, but the maximum benefit of a theme team is if you have 50 "points" toward team chemistry among your active players. Basically one point per player, a few guys are special bonuses, and there are a few non-player ways to gain them. I'm fully maxed out at 53 points, gaining all my Browns players a +2 on most of their relevant ratings like speed and strength. That's a nice advantage.

The downside of playing a pure theme team is that the roster will rarely be complete - you suffer in certain slots because there just aren't any good players. This CLE team is pretty solid, but it's pretty thin at FS, MLB, CB, and DT.

So, effectively I am playing a "50 Browns" team right now -- basically I want to build the best team I can while retaining the 50 points worth of team chemistry, but then filling in the roster where I can with non-CLE players to patch over the CLE weaknesses and improve the team overall.

More on the path to doing this effectively next time I find ten minutes to write.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote