View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #298
PilotMan
Head Coach

My middle son who is pushing himself beyond all expectations and flirting with burnout all the time, who took 12 credits over the summer, and is full time again, working 20 hours a week in the department, while trying to finish his Multi-engine commercial rating, is a homebody at heart. He comes home to recharge, relax and enjoy his happy place. He's been going to the counseling center on the side to keep himself squared away, and keep from going down a rabbit hole too. The Mrs video chatted with him this week for about an hour, and he's really not enjoying his new roommate situation. He's never had to deal with roommates before, and even though he's got his own room, he's in with 3 other guys, 2 he chose himself. It's a big adjustment from last year where he had his own room.

So the wife and I were talking and she was saying that he's struggling but that he was really, really excited to come home this weekend, and watch F1, play some disc golf, and just be around the family. She said it was the only time she saw him smile during their chat.

Well, the guy he works with came down with Covid and tested positive this week. He was in close contact with him, they were 50/50 on masks earlier in the week in the flight lab. There are no rapid tests in Kentucky. He would have to come home and get tested in Ohio. There are no OTC test in his area. He's getting a test, but it's a 2-3 day turnaround time.

The wife and I are going to Mexico in 10 days.

I tested negative 3 days ago.

We've all had Covid, and we're all vaccinated.

We aren't required to be tested to go to Mexico, but we need a negative test within 72 hours to return back to the state, or else we're stuck there.

So we're stuck in this quandary. The only real solution is for him to stay there. But we know it's going to break him a little more. I can tell from talking with him on the phone that he's really frustrated and unhappy about all of it.

The only thing I feel like I can offer is for him to drive the 2 hours home, get tested in Ohio, and if he's negative he can come home, otherwise he'd need to go back to Richmond. He said he's not willing to do that.

Which leaves me feeling really guilty about everything. It's really a rock and a hard place. I miss him too.

Thoughts?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote