View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #120
Flasch186
Coordinator

Got knocked out of the district Tournament where the odds somehow got stacked against us:

Dbl elimination...
one team drops out the night before the tourney starts
the administrators say F it and don't do anything but give the 2 teams that had drawn them as their opponent forfeit wins. There's only 3 teams left in the damn tourney so guess who didn't get a win? Yup
In our 2 games guess who drew the "away" team in both? Yup
We win both and head to the finals as the "home" team, finally and we lose so we play again Saturday morning.
We had asked in regards to the paper bracket on the wall if we would be the home team again based on the (H) and were told yes...
Show up Saturday and the administrator above the one we talked to said, "Oh no that was a misinterpretation of the H" it must've stood for "Hodor" or some such BS... who is the home team? The host facilities team we play again at 9:00.
We lose on a walk-off single in the bottom of the last frame.
Shocking - not.

I get it, we shouldn't have left it in their hands but it just sucks to enter a tourney and get shafted repeatedly along the way from either dumb luck, administrative laziness, and then potential sleaziness if not misunderstanding the bracket.

Ah well, we have a dbl header Saturday. This afternoon the kid is getting his knee looked at for a possible minor Osteochondroma and then we go to the Cal Ripken LL World Series in end of July early August in Ft. Pierce. Should be fun.

After that we'll have tryouts again for the teams and hopefully Aiden can stay on the A team. If they only look at how he's been since the April 10 reveal we should be good. If not then it'll depend on tryouts etc. I think he makes it easily but I've seen stranger things happen. IF he does drop back down to B team he'll be a star on that team now but I'm hopeful it wont break his spirit.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote