View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #24
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
We have very different taste in cars. I didn't even know they had a new Supra out. Check them out and to me, that is what a sports car should look like. 8 out 10 for the Supra. 5 out 10 for the 400Z.

Apparently, you can't drive the Supra with windows down.

You Can't Drive the Toyota Supra With the Windows Down
Quote:
That daydream fell apart in the first five minutes of my drive. And it's all due to a design flaw that I assume a company like Toyota could easily fix.

See, if you roll both of the Supra's windows all the way down, and you drive faster than 35 mph, you're greeted by some of the loudest, most intense wind buffeting I've ever experienced in a car—that cyclic, low-pitched WHUM-WHUM-WHUM noise that sounds like you're standing underneath a hovering helicopter.
:
The Supra has two windows. The buffeting seems to happen any time you've got both of them open. Doesn't matter if they're cracked an inch or all the way down—if you're driving faster than neighborhood speeds, you're sitting in the middle of a Toyota-shaped Helmholtz resonance chamber. I drove myself crazy trying to find a window arrangement that would cut the buffeting, and the racket nearly made my girlfriend carsick.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote