View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 09:25 AM   #400
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
No insight here on QB Ashley, but I'm in a similar situation in another league - pretty good veteran team flailing around in search of a QB, so why not throw a 2nd round dart at a guy and see what we come up with?
Exactly. I have to conclude I've been spoiled. Although not all of my starting QBs have been good enough to lead us to at least the final four, from the 3rd season and onwards Louie Flannery, mocked for his interception antics, has been the standard for the Merchantmen, that turned out to be what the game actually believes to be HOF material. Over time I've been capable of finding the new starter by drafting him (Flannery, Harrison part 1, Chow, McAlister), trading for him (McGee, Harrison part 2, Lowe, Hickman part 1) or signing a free agent (Coleman, Hickman part 2, Loera). Most of the short-term solutions were good enough to reach the playoffs (Corbett/Osborne, Rhoades, Buckner, Bennett) as well. And even Sheldon, clearly below the Flannery standards, has gotten us to the conference championship game once, before he went over the hill...

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 11-13-2020 at 09:26 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote