View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 07:05 AM   #77
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Damn. Mitch is already laying the groundwork to blame everything on Biden when he blocks everything. I thought we'd be able to work together, but the radical left, blah, blah, blah.

There's nothing in Mitch's past that even remotely suggests he's looking to work across the aisle.

Other than what was said in the article? Yes, I can see both the radical left and radical right being a problem.

Quote:
“They have negotiated big things before. They’ve come through some very hard and even bitter fights over judicial confirmations,” Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), a close Biden ally, said in an interview. “But I think they’ve managed to stay friends or have a working, professional relationship even in the hardest of times.”
:
Both old bulls of the Senate before their time at the highest rungs of American politics, McConnell and Biden will have to rekindle their old give-and-take almost immediately. Biden’s entire Cabinet will be at the whims of whether McConnell even puts his nominees up for a vote, and his appointments are sure to be more centrist than if Schumer were in charge of the Senate.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote