View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 AM   #150
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Update from me:

The year of living away and by himself at college was unsuccessful from a school standpoint. I think he will have failed over half of the classes he attempted. He has changed his major at least 3 times. He will be coming home to get a job and go to community college starting this summer.

I think he has grown a fair bit. But he is still a long way from being able to live on his own and do completely for himself. In talking with him fairly extensively over the past few weeks, I think he's in a good place for coming home. I am obviously not happy with the expense we incurred for the year for him to "find himself". I hope I am happy with the ultimate result, but we shall see.

In the end, I am glad we gave him the chance as I think I would've regretted it. But ultimately our intuition was correct, he was not ready for a fully independent college experience.

Sorry to hear about your worries about your son. Getting a job and going to community college sounds like a good plan.

It doesn't sound as if he has a major/career in mind so what will he enroll in? and is he interested in finding any particular job?

Just a thought and dependent on your financial situation, but possibly put him up in an apartment close by when he has a job for some independence?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote