View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 12:33 AM   #184
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I'm not exactly crying over the Ansari story, because it sounds like he was at best a remarkably shitty date (what's with sticking his fingers down her throat multiple times?), he wasn't accused of assault, since every little detail was revealed we can all make our own judgments, and he hasn't actually lost any work at this point.

Likewise I can empathize with the complaint that this woman was not very pro-active about expressing her thoughts & feelings, and he shouldn't have to be a mind reader, but he wouldn't have to be a mind reader if he'd simply verbalized his own intentions at any point. We've probably all been on some version of an awkward date like this, where one party is more interested than the other, but not confident enough to put it into words, and it turns into some ridiculous non-verbal ballet of confused overtures....but I also never crossed a few of those lines that Ansari did (undressing immediately, sticking fingers down the throat, pointing at my penis and expecting a blow job)

He seems genuinely contrite and confused, and it may change (for the positive) how he treats dates/women in the future. I'm not sure there's a chance of that happening (or at least not as much of a chance) if this laundry isn't aired in public, and if the worst he takes is a public drubbing for an entirely accurate account of his own shitty behavior, than I'm totally OK with that.

....and yet with all that said, I sure wouldn't want this example to become the new standard for reporting or judging sexual misconduct, and I don't think Aziz should suffer anything more than facing his own shitty behavior.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-16-2018 at 12:34 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote