View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:40 PM   #171
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I dont think avoidance is the best thing to do. You cant stay at home and live a very happy, healthy life, BUT dont go to a meeting by yourself with a sketchy character. Why cant you bring a friend? Avoid getting hammered at a party. I tell my girls never leave your drink unattended and if you do, get a new one. Things of this nature are for self preservation and are not avoiding.

Avoidance isnt necessarily what I am saying. But being proactive in your everyday life is important.

There are some scary, crazy people out there. Getting caught alone when your defenseless is not the smartest thing to do.

But if you do get caught in this situation, I am very much in favor of helping the victim. But there needs to be a private investigation to make sure the falsely accused are not ruined. And the false accusers are not glorified.

I was talking more in keeping with the spirit of the thread. For example, you have to meet a sketchy character like Harvey Weinstein for employment.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote