View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #205
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

September 5, 2017

I'm back at work for the first time since the Gamma Knife treatment. I did work from home for a few days at the end of the week, but I didn't really get out of the house until Sunday.

The treatment was exactly the same as last time. The MRI prior to the surgery uncovered 4 more small spots that had to be addressed, bringing the total lesions to 10. This was a concerning sign. I was hoping there wouldn't be anything new.

Currently, I'm ok, the screw holes are still a bit sensitive, and my scalp is still numb in places, which is annoying, but otherwise I'm doing pretty good.

I also started my new meds on Sunday. I'm now on Alectinib, which so far has been even easier to tolerate than the xalkori/crizotinib. In fact, the only thing I've noticed so far is it really drys me out. Like taking extremely strong decongestants. My sinuses are really dry and I'm not producing much saliva. During the day, this isn't an issue because I drink so much water, but at night it makes it really difficult to sleep...I'll be trying some dry mouth treatments tonight. Hopefully, they work because I need a good night sleep.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote