View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 01:20 AM   #192
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Anil Mehul -- 7th to 3rd singles, 126th to 180th doubles. Mehul did not play quite as many events as last year, due to going further in one of the big ones. His overall record of 59-14(.808) gave him five fewer singles wins, but also four fewer losses. More on the prospects for next year in the 2042 preview.

Girish Girsh -- 40th to 19th singles, 123rd to 85th doubles. A good year for Girsh despite the second-half slump, and he moves into the elite category with his eyes on pushing his way towards the Top 10 now. At the same age plus a few weeks, Mehul was 31st -- Girsh continues to be ahead of that pace. He's not really a match for most Top 10 players yet, but should be by the end of the year.

Prakash Mooljee -- 66th to 11th juniors. Mehul was never better than 15th in the juniors, while Girsh made it as high as 6th. It remains to be seen where Mooljee will finish but he should get valuable experience this year, his final in the preparatory ranks, playing in the big events. In between, he'll probably start going to a few amateurs to prepare for the jump to the senior tour. His eyes are still to be mostly fixed on the future, not the present. Half of the players ahead of him are older; half are not. Either way he's situated well to be a major player in his generation, and that's all you can ask for a seniors-focused junior talent.

Anil Manohar -- 826th to 2351st singles, 590th to 602nd doubles. Manohar is out of his depth now at the futures level in singles, but still doing well enough to hang around in doubles. As a trainer, his evaluation is up to 4.31, almost exactly a 0.1 gain which is surprisingly better than last year. I don't have to decide when to retire him yet, but right now I think it'll be 2-3 years from now. He'll be 41-42 at that point, and while he doesn't have to retire until 45, I'll want another junior before then and the gain in trainer ability will slow down over time; he's not good enough to ever reach max anyway.

Manager Ranking -- 18th to 10th, 15k points to 20.2k. Obviously this was quite a good year for me, with Mehul becoming a major earner and Girsh heading in that direction as well with some good 250-level results. I could well reach as high as possibly third by the end of the year; at over 20k, with 3rd place currently just under 25k, there's a lot of managers bunched together ahead of me that should fall if my top duo continue to succeed.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote