View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #166
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Anil Mehul -- 7th to 8th singles, 126th to 128th doubles. A strange start to the year: Mehul makes the AO final but drops a spot. He hasn't played badly by any stretch, but skipped Dubai where he made the final last year and couldn't produce any breakthroughs in the IW/Miami Masters as mentioned. I expect he'll stay about where he is over the clay season: last year's results were three rounds of 16 and then a QF at Roland Garros. Repeating those results would be solid for him on the dirt.

Girish Girsh -- 40th to 36th singles, 123rd to 106th doubles. A good start to the year with his first Slam wins at the AO and a pair of recent mid-level Challenger titles added. It's been a lot of matches the last month, and we may not see him on the court at all between the tie with Mexico and Roland Garros. Essentially it'll be a second off-season filled with lots of training. He continues to progress well.

Prakash Mooljee -- 66th to 67th juniors. Treading water at the beginning of the year in juniors is fine, he's had some good results and practice has been mixed. Mooljee will probably stay in Tier-3s for now most tournament weeks, as most of the Tier-2s have a couple players a bit beyond him. That may change later in the year.

Manager Ranking -- 18th to 16th, 15k to 16.5k. I was actually 15th after the AO but there's a couple of people I've been regularly jockeying for position with right about at my ranking. Meanwhile, oprice continues to push his record ever higher ...

Next up, the WTC tie with Mexico is on tap, and two weeks after that the clay season gets going with the Monte Carlo almost-a-Masters.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-12-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote