View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #470
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
And that's why I called him a troll yesterday - although maybe that wasn't the perfect term. It's more what you said above, that virtually all of his expressed viewpoints aren't useful for the purpose of group discussion (because they all boil down to "what I think is right" and are hostile to any compromise or accommodation or anything) and serve only to derail meaningful and substantive dialogue on issues as people react or get sidetracked. They're just not constructive, just noise.

So call that what you will.

I won't call Jon a troll because to me a troll is doing something on purpose to get a reaction. Hell, I should know. Jon's not doing that. He's expressing his often bigoted, exclusionary, fear-based, violent and closed-minded beliefs honestly. It boils down to this - if someone does anything that Jon doesn't approve of, they should be executed with extreme prejudice. At least he's consistent. I understand his opinions are often not constructive, but that's who he is and he's the one who has to live with all that fear and hate.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-18-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote