View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #120
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I don't understand why this is a black/white thing, rather than an overmilitarized police force (that is historically under average in intelligence). There are many cases of these outside the random target gun or Missouri street, like this guy shot in New Mexico wielding a knife after a bit of negotiations...

The New Mexico shooting was completely justified. He was armed, he had a record of assaulting police. Considerable ado about nothing afaic.

The NC case is still awaiting trial best I can tell, however it was the 33rd time that police had been called to the same home since 2006 for domestic issues and there are plausible counterclaims that he was attacking the officer who fired the fatal shot. The other two have been cleared of any misconduct, procedure right down the line.

Quote:
or the baby who had a flash bang grenade thrown in to his crib by people looking for a meth user who in fact was not even home and never found with any drugs I believe (or arrested and held). A no knock warrant issued with no information about what was inside...

That incident was just up the road from me (presumably you're referring to the Cornelia, GA incident). The team made an undercover drug buy at the house just a few hours before the raid, 4 people were arrested including the initial suspect -- his 10th arrest on drug & weapons charge -- he was a relative of the homeowners & was staying there.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-13-2014 at 01:46 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote