Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #395
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
totaly OT and may make for an interesting thread, but why not send your son to daycare? My kids go and I think it is great. They learn tons of skills such as sharing, interacting with other kids, etc...My son, almost 4 can count, know letters, colors, etc...

Not saying we can't teach him some of that at home, but to me daycare/ preschool is so much better than keeping them isolated at home.

Two main reasons really and besides them I am not in disagreement with you about the positives. One is that he is 15 months old and is sick all the time and even when it isn't a fever or something big (which seems to happen about once a month) he always is stuffed up. The second without going too deep into our financials is that my wife doesn't make a lot but is right on the line where we can't afford for her to stay home on my salary alone but daycare eats up a big chunk of hers. So she is working for barely anything at a job she doesn't really like. I guess I see more benefit around the pre-school age of your son than I do for a little guy.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote