View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #222
Suicane75
Coordinator

1967 Off Season

Hoo boy, Tommy John gets $210K in arbitration. Len Church gets $57K, Jerry Nyman gets $31K.

We give Len Church $39K for 7 years. It's probably time to lock a closer up long term and that isn't that exorbitant.
We give Jerry Nyman $28K for 6 years. I might regret these deals later, but I'm tired of trading for a new bullpen every other year.

I need to sign Tommy John, but I can't afford it. I decide to put out feelers to see what Mickey Lolich can fetch me. I never know what I'm going to get with him from one year to the next.

I can get a lot of cash for him, over $600K, but the Orioles have put together a nice prospect package as well.

I decide to go with the package from the Orioles that includes 21 year old SP Wally Bunker, 22 year SS Mark Belanger, 19 year old CF Al Bumbry and 23 year old LF Lou Piniella.

I get $49K from the Red Sox for SP prospect Jay Dahl. I get $88K from the Angels for pitching prospects Tom Harrison & Dick Bates and I sell a few other prospects for about $50K.

I sign Tommy John to a 7 year deal worth $165K per season.

Left hander Danny Lazar enters our rotation & We have 3 prospects on the verge of being ready to go if he falters. Our pitching should still be strong and our depth is quite good.

Manny Mota assumes full time leadoff duties, Javier drops to 3rd, Robinson to 5th. We go R-L-R-L-R-L-R-L against lefties and righties. Our lineup is pretty effing sweet. Our bench is as strong as it's been in year with Piniella & Paul Blair joining it.

I'm ready to go for three in a row. Let's rock.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-12-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote