View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #175
Suicane75
Coordinator

1962 Off Season
So Jack Kralick, he of the 4.98 ERA, wants a raise of about $70,000. He must be insane. He's gone.

RP Ron Taylor is in the last year of his contract and wants major bank, about $50K a season, that's just insane. I contemplated trading him but I'd rather get another year out of him and let him walk than trade him for .50 cents on the dollar.

Next year is gonna be break the bank time though as Clendonon, Javier, Robinson & McCovey all hit arbitration. Yikes.

It's pretty much a quiet off season for us as we just have to hope our young pitchers get even better next year.

The Dodgers have moved to LA and the Giants to San Fransisco. Expansion teams in NY and SD have arrived.

In the expansion draft we lost Morrie Stevens, a very good SP prospect, C Chuck Lindstrom, RP Bob Thorpe & SS Lee Elia. Only Stevens bothers me, hate losing a prospect so close to being ready.

We enter the season with a very strong, young, starting staff of Jenkins, Lolich, McClain, Perkins & Cloninger. Our pen is just as good at the top but we lack depth. Almost all our pitching prospects are a year or more away. Tommy John is looming in A ball but we can give him time to develop.

Buck Rodgers is the only addition to our lineup as he takes over at Catcher. Our two top prospects, OF Johnny Callison & C Tim McCarver, start the year at AA.

I believe that with a year under their belt, this young team can make that leap and win the pennant. Let's see, shall we?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote