View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #143
Suicane75
Coordinator

1958 Off Season

With our state the way it is, we decide to release 2B Wayne Terwilliger and relievers Phil Clark & Bob Kelly rather than go to arbitration with them. Pitcher Jim Willis retired.

We put Joe Adcock on the market and I don't much like the look of any of the offers we get as far as prospects go, but Detroit offers us $69,000 for him. That looks good to me. He gone.

We deal C Clint Courtney to the Braves for a low level pitcher.

RP Tommy Lasorda is making $15K, why I need a reliever on a shitty team making that much is beyond me so we sell him to the White Sox for $2,000.

We ship out Closer Tom Poholsky to the Reds for a couple of minor leaguers.

I'm gonna keep Irvin on the team, I can't get anything for him in a deal and it'd be nice to have one of the original 13 spend their whole career here.

Ughh, this team is depressing at this point. Irvin will move to left field to make room for Hank Aaron who does not quite resemble the Hank Aaron of the real world. Dusty Rhodes moves to 1st. Black & McClain have pretty much been done in by injury and our bullpen is a hodgepodge of career minor leaguers and cast offs. Our system is slowly stocking but honestly I'm not blown away by any of our prospects so it's not like we have help on the way either. We're gonna suck so hard.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-07-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote