View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #136
Suicane75
Coordinator

1957 Season

April- We went 8-18. Herriage, Conley and Adcock all had stints on the DL, it's almost laughable at this point.

May- We're 16-37, 19.5 games out, in last place. Monte Irvin missed 3 weeks due do a sprained ankle. Bud Black tore his knee and will miss about 5 weeks.

June- 21-59, 15 games out SEVENTH PLACE. I can't really say anything nice about this team. Joe Adcock is hitting over .300. Our starters have been awful, even Black and McClain, the two guys I'm trying to build around, have not been anything close to cornerstones.

July- 30-76, sweet pete. Hey! Joe McClain got hurt again, awesome!

August- 38-97. I didn't fathom we'd be this bad at all.

September- We finish the season 43-111, 56 games back of the Cubs who won the league by 12 games. They'll play an A's team that finished 88-66 and won A hotly contested AL race by 3 games over Boston & Detroit, in the World Series, in a rematch of last year.

Can't say much about our putrid offense. Irvin is finaly showing his mortality, hitting only .254 and more than that, getting on base at a mere .297 clip. Roy McMillan was so bad that he lost his 2B job to journeyman Wayne Terilliger. Joe Adcock was a bright spot as he hit .314 and hit 21 homers and knocked in a team high 77. LF Dusty Rhodes hit 18 homers, that's something. Gale Wade hit .284 and played pretty well in CF.

Pitching wise it's even more disappointing as Bud Blacks 3.83 ERA led the team. He and McClain, our "aces", combined to go 8-27. Our pen was decent enough I suppose.

I don't think I'll have any choice but to continue to eliminate salary in the off season. If we're gonna suck this hard, might as well do it on the cheapest of cheaps.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-07-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote