View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
Suicane75
Coordinator

April- We 18-7 and lead the division by 1.5 games over the Giants. We lost our closer, Ray Scarbough, for 3 weeks with wrist tendinitis. Irvin hit .435 for the month, in fact everyone outside of Lorenzo Davis is crushing it. Our pitching has been very solid as well.

May- Rough month, we ended it 34-18 with a 1.5 game lead over the Giants. George Suttles will miss a month with a quad tear. Satchel Paige has an achilles issue and will miss a couple of weeks. Luke Easter broke his hand and will miss a couple of weeks. Willie Wells, who isn't hitting at all, broke his collarbone and will miss a month. The lineup is still killing it but the pitching has slipped some, speficly 5th starter Jesse Flores and Paiges replacement Spec Shea.

June- Injuries have really decimated us this year. We end June at 50-29 and tied for first with the Giants. Ray Dandridge missed 3 weeks with a shoulder issue. George Suttles missed 3 weeks a shoulder issue as well. Hilton Smith missed 3 weeks with a back strain. Irvin is hitting .388, Easter is .332 with 12 homers, Gibson has 20 dingers and Campanella is having a breakout season. Paige has been phenomonel and Day & Radcliff have both been good.

Some bad news now. Our finances have really been shitty, we aren't drawing very well at all despite winning 3 straight titles. I think we're very much viewed as the little sisters in this city and It's all I'll be able to do to keep us abover water heading into the offseason.

July- We end the month at 66-36 but we've opened a 5 game lead on the Giants, we may be in the clear. We lost Sacrbough again for 3 weeks with an achiles injury. Ted Radcliff broke his foot and will miss a month and a half, that hurts. Damnit! Leon Day tweaked his knee and will miss a month. I didn't want to do it but I'm calling up our best pitching prospect, Lew Burdette, from AA. Jesse Flores, who has been sucking all year, hurt his shoulder so I'm calling up our 2nd best pitching prospect, Blackie Schwamb. Lorenzo Davis broke his finger and will miss a month. Is the hardest setting on mogul just everybody getting injured? We've also had to sell off some prospects to get some cash and try and stay above water.

August- We're 85-50 with an 8 game lead. We're going to win the pennant but it appears as if our run is coming to an end. Roy Campanella broke his hip and will miss close to 2 months, probably the rest of the season, so yeah. Hilton Smith out 3 weeks with a leg issue, yay. Willie Wells sprained his ankle and is out a couple weeks.

September- We finish the season 100-54 and win the League by 13 games. We'll face the AL champ Yankees who went 98-56.

Irvin led the league in hits again, with 202, he also led the league in runs with 128. Gibson placed 2nd in homers behind Ralph Kiner with 39, Irvin and Easter tied for 8th with 24. Gibsons 98 RBI were good for 10th in baseball. Paige led baseball with a 2.13 ERA, Leon Days 17 wins placed him tenth.

We're almost $8,000 in the hole though so we'll have to retool in the offseason for sure. Luckily we only have 1 arbitration eligable guy, backup Catcher Andy Seminick, but we'll still have to trim a ton of salary to move forward.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote