View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #223
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Sectional Meet Update

The sectional meet in Greensboro, NC will take place 3/7 - 3/10. We will be attending as Bailey has qualified in the following events...

- 50 Fly
- 100 Fly
- 50 Back
- 100 Back
- 50 Free
- 100 Free

She will be going along with teammate Hailey (not the same Haley from SA). The backstroker from the Bailey's State Medley Relay team, Emma, qualified with that swim, but she practices at a different pool so we aren't sure if she'll be going or not. The team failed to have a 4th girl qualify, so there won't be any relays at the meet.

Bear will also be going. He failed to qualify in the 500 Free by .19 seconds, but I've told him if he wants to swim at the meet (and he does), that we will enter him and if he fails to get the time during the meet I'll pay the $50 fine. It was really touching, when I asked him if he wanted to swim in the meet, his response was "Yeah, but I wanted to earn it..." I told him that as long as he gets the time at the meet, he earned it...I'm just giving him 1 more shot at it. Unfortunately for Bear, the boys ended up having 4 qualify for the meet, which means those 4 will make up both the Free and Medley relays.

The Psych Sheet isn't out yet for Sectionals, when it comes out, I'll let you know where the kids are seeded...

Last edited by Breeze : 02-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote