Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #76
kcchief19
Pro Starter

There is a very nasty weather pattern setting up for Saturday that seems guaranteed to produce some tornadoes. But for someone who has lived in tornado alley all his life, the advanced hype may be a bit uncalled for.

KC newscasts tonight were leading with the weather warnings for tomorrow and tomorrow night, which is very rare for thunderstorms and tornados. We get much more worked up over snow.

I think some of the hype and activity is due to the new language the NWS is using for tornadoes in Kansas and Missouri. They are testing new language that is more descriptive and aggressive regarding potential tornado activity and damage to see if it will make people take warnings more seriously without scaring people or going over the top. So far, I think they may be failing. Everybody seems to be either worried or thinking it's a TV ratings ploy.

That aside, it definitely looks like a dangerous setup for Saturday and I hope everyone watches the skies here. There was already a tornado in Norman, OK -- hope everyone there is well and checks in.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote