View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #145
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Look, I listened to a lot of Billy Joel. I admit it, I remember the Pressure video, Allentown video, and the godawful Only Human...I bought Storm Front for chrissakes.

I didn't know any better.

That being said, there were/are a few gems. Let's face it, the guy was able to market schlock and make a killing, he even married a supermodel.

Now Bob Segar, you don't mess with....harp all you want about "Like a Rock" and "Against the Wind", the man paid his dues. "Strut", hell, the entire "Stranger in Town" album is a stone cold classic. I even like the maudlin "Main Street"...and his "Turn the Page" basically locks how hard it was being a touring man in the 70's (before it became a fad to write sappy power ballads about missing your woman while you were doing as many women on the road and drugs to offset missing that particular woman)...at least "Turn the Page" is about the isolation and weariness of performing...I love "Night Moves" too.

And I do love Journey too, but Boston sucks.

eff you for juding me

btw- really into Harry Nilsson now
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 09-02-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote