View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #313
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Hello high speed internet providers: I'm ok with having to answer 5 stupid questions from front line support, even though I spent 3 hours on the phone with your support staff earlier in the same day and you're staring at my trouble ticket. I'm ok with everyone I talk to walking me through clearing my internet cache before taking me seriously, but when you put me on hold to "review my case and read through my trouble ticket" and after 5 minutes you come back and ask me if I have ever had working internet service(the case/ticket should clearly state that I have working access but that my modem is frequently cycling itself, also we've been paying you for DSL service for 4+ years now), I'm going to yell at you, ask for your manager, and yell at him until he's tired of being yelled at too. You are either incompetent or your support processes suck.

You and my wife can commiserate then. Our U-Verse service (TV, internet, phone) got fried out by a lightning strike Saturday night. I called for help Saturday night and had a very polite Canadian-sounding fellow profusely apologizing for the inconvenience and that he'd give us a month upgrade on our TV service once things were working again. Scheduled a tech to come out early afternoon Sunday. Tech came out, determined not only were we not getting anything in the house, but the line leading to the house was messed up, so that tech scheduled a second tech who works on exterior lines to come by late Sunday afternoon and fix that issue and says we don't have to be around for it.

Second tech comes by and he's there when we get back from my daughter's birthday party. He basically strung a new line to the house, but then is surprised when still nothing works inside. So, he puts in a ticket for a third tech to come by. Crucially, he didn't say and I didn't ask when the next tech was coming. My wife's not happy that I don't know when the third tech is coming because she's got plans for Monday. I told her repeatedly that the tech didn't say anything and yes, they had my cell phone number.

My wife calls AT&T yesterday morning and promptly gets chastised for claiming that we had no information about when the tech was coming even though they had told us when he would come (no, they didn't, or so we thought). All well and good because the tech was hopelessly behind and wouldn't have made the morning time window anyway so they re-schedule for late afternoon. Wife then asks to talk to someone in billing to see why our e-bills haven't shown up. Wife gets semi-berated again by different rep for not doing everything right in some fashion, which causes my wife to start snapping back at the rep. Eventually the billing stuff is cleared up (we hope) and we're getting all the promotional stuff we should have been getting but weren't in some instances. My wife's still pretty irate about how she was treated, though.

The third tech shows up along with my father-in-law who wants to help out because a) it's his old house and b) he was previously an AT&T tech before he got an asshole of a boss who basically did everything he could to run my father-in-law out of the job. Between them, they find out the line to the modem and the modem itself got fried by a lightning strike, replaced the line and the modem and now everything's working again (albeit somewhat unsteadily at times).

The final punchline is this: AT&T did indeed call us to let us know the tech was coming. However, they called us on our house number...you know, the one that got fried by the lightning storm on Saturday.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote