View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #184
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What Deattribtution's explanation of the landscape makes me wonder, as a casual observer, is whether there's really room for a second MMA promotion at all.

I mean, let's face it, we're talking about an organization who just put Tank Abbott in a primary role for their last show. And in Abbott, we're talking about a guy who used to get winded in tag matches in WCW a very long time ago (hell, I think he got winded walking to the ring a few times).

Yeah, I know ... but the undercard yadda yadda ... but that was one show yadda yadda. Still, that's their most recent public face so it's certainly influential in how I view them.

On the bright side for them & the new deal, the vast majority of the public will have no idea about any of that good or bad so they'll start with a clean slate. But if the first show is a dud (or worse for them, they have a card that looks good on paper but then turns out to be duds anyway), this could be a disaster that gets pulled after one or two airings.