View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #287
sabotai
General Manager

Going to revive this in hopes that it helps me. A friend of mine is getting married in May and I'd like to look my best for it (pick up some lonely chicks... *evil laugh*)

Background
: I'm 5'10". I spent most of high school going between 160 and 185, in college it went up and down between 200 and 220 until my senior year and after I graduated when I went up to 240. I've been at around 230-240 since then (7+ years). I'm about to turn 30 and it's time I started really taking care of myself. I'm not young anymore.

The Plan: Eat better. I don't eat a lot, and I think I have the regular meals down fine, but what I do eat after diner is very high in calories and probably filled with terrible stuff that kills my energy levels (after the shot of HFCS burns off) and will most likely kill me by the time I'm 40.

1) No more junk food. I love chocolate, but I have to cut that stuff out. For now on, low calorie yogurt, low calorie snack bars, fruit, etc (any suggestions on some good stuff to buy would be helpful). No more tastycakes, donuts, pop tarts...

2) No more soda or fast food. I've pretty much cut out soda, but I've replaced it with various flavors and types of Snapple, which while not as bad as soda, still has high fructose corn syrup and a lot of calories. I'm going to drink more water, less everything else.

3) Exercise. I've been doing this for awhile, but I'm going to up it a bit. For the last few months, I've been lifting 3 days a week, but I don't have a lot of weights. I've definitely noticed a change in my muscles but I need to buy more weights to start really buring those calories. I'm also going to start doing a few days of cardio a week.

One problem with working out, though, is that I get migraines. I can not workout if I have a migraine. I tried once, and I'm not going to try again. After the first set, my head was hurting really bad, so that's out. Sometimes I get a migraine several times in a week, so occasionally they might kill my workout for the week.

My Goal: I'll probably get a scale to see if I make any weight progress, but I'm not too concearned with it. Just as long as my energy levels get higher, my waist and gut get smaller, and I bring sexyback!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote