View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #263
Subby
lolzcat

Figured I would check in real quick...

A few years ago (around 2002) I was 245 lbs (I am 5'10") and got down to 193 before sliding back to 218.5 in the spring of '04. At that point I discovered South Beach and got down to 163 eating a shitload of sugar alcohols and bacon.

Poker and no sleep and house renovations, etc. kicked my ass in 2005 and 2006 and I gained all of the weight back and then some. On January 1st of this year I was back to 235 and things were not looking so hot. I was hardcore depressed and I took it out on folks around me. It had to stop.

So...I actually made a resolution and stuck to it. I resolved to workout 25 times a month and bring my lunch to work every day and see what happened. I started a running club over at FOBL and guys like Simms and digamma and cuervo and Double A joined up and we kept tabs on each other and have run some races in our respective areas.

Running was good, but I couldn't run every day - so I got a rowing machine and an exercise bike to supplement my workouts. I really have tried to emphasize exercise this time, as I want to keep off any weight I lose and not gain it back. On a typical day I do one of (or a combination of) rowing and running and biking and have been averaging about 1000 calories burned per day (not counting the 2200 I burn just moving around).

I kicked sodas and rarely drink alcohol. I probably eat about seven times per day for a total of about 2000 calories, maybe a tad less.

So far:

Jan 1: 235
Feb 1: 222.4
March 1: 209.6
April 1: 200.4
May 1: 188.0
June 1: 179.4

Today: 174.0

My goal is to get under 170 by Independence Day and then to hit 160 as my goal weight and move to 10% body fat. I really enjoy running races and have run a half marathon and 10k this year so far and want to do a ton more.

Anyway...just posting this so folks can see if you completely screw up a portion of your weight loss (like dumbass me gaining back the 70 lbs I dropped), that all hope is not lost...

Good luck and I will definitely be checking in and updating.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote