View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #435
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
so you're saying Beauty And The Geek, American Idol and Who Wants To Marry My Dad is art? if Chase wants to be an artist he could have wrote "The Sopranos - A Novel". tv isn't the medium to excercise poetic justice. in case you didn't get the memo, tv doesn't exist to entertain you. it exists to sell ads. sorry i ruined the surprise for you. there is no Santa Claus, either.

No, I didn't get the memo, and nobody else did either because THERE'S NO RULES ABOUT ART. You can do a lot of things with the television medium, and Chase gave us something brand new. It's okay to like it or not like it, but it's silly to say he didn't follow the "rules".

And if you truly believe TV exists only to sell ads, you really should be embracing The Sopranos for a) not following that formula and b) not taking commercial breaks. Really, this show isn't a good example for your argument. There are commercial aspects, certainly, but the point of the show was far different than the points of just about every other show on TV.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote