View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #285
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Dudeskis! Everything about the ending was a juxtaposition of what television dramas are supposed to be. An escalation of drama achieved through pure direction and cinematography, which would presumably lead to an easy followthrough, and use of music to add to said tension. The followthrough was a followthrough, but it was the polar opposite of what most envision a followthrough to actually be. The music did heighten the tension, but it was with a power-ballad that most roll their eyes at upon hearing now. I think the music choice would be akin to hearing "Welcome to the Jungle" during a wedding scene. It has the rising action you're looking for, but it casts such an odd light on the scenario that it just works, and is so not cliche that it feels very fresh.

Anyways, I think the ending took the "what you don't see is the most horrifying possible thing" route. We just don't know......If we had seen Tony getting shot in the face, it would have been closure, yes. But what the hell does closure even mean in regards to an alternate universe?

And to those who say "I feel like I've wasted 8 years of my life"....Just watch CSI...they wrap that shit up in an hour every week. That should suit you just fine. That's not a knock, and I'm not saying that makes you less an appreciator of art, but it's just different tastes, and it's too bad you mistook a gun going off every other episode for Terminator 4.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 06-11-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote