View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #80
Calis
College Starter

So as for the last ever DSE run Pride event.

Went out rather poorly I think. The fights weren't that bad, but getting there was horrific. Pride was usually all about the fights, one right after the other and this one dragged on. Extremely awkward "witty" banter between Frank Trigg and Coleman/Randleman, and watching the Coleman vs. Igor fight what seemed like 8 times. It was bad.

The fights. This Sokoujuwhatever character is starting to look like he could be a very real threat. It's still very hard to tell because we've seen him fight twice and for a total of about 3 minutes I think, if that. In that time he's beat Little Nog and Arona though, and in doing has showed some very heavy hands, and excellent takedown defense, it ain't easy to stop an Arona takedown like he did. He's just 22 as well, so this guy could be Shogun II. I want to see him in a little longer fight before I say for sure on this guy, but it looks good.

Frye vs. Thompson was about what was expected, Frye letting himself get pummeled. I think he could've literally stood there all night taking those shots from Thompson, which has to make Thompson feel pretty weak. Frye needs to stop though, he's taken way too many shots. The amount of times he apologized after the fight got pretty creepy as well, started to sound like a suicide note.

Fujita vs. Monson went about as expected.

The first fight of the night was the best imo. I can't even remember the names but it was a helluva fight.

I'm very angry we didn't get to see Butterbean vs. Zulu. Butterbean winning via an armbar? That's all time classic.

On another note, I just saw that the Diaz win over Gomi has been changed to a no decision because Diaz was aided by the use of marijuana. Good stuff.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote