View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #50
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Yeah, as I said it's not a clear rule myself. For example, in a sporting event, I agree that after it's "over" it can no longer be considered a spoiler. Sporting events just seem to be more volitile and up for constant change. A team loses and it's coach gets fired the next day. Once you read the story about the coache's firing, you inadvertantly find out about the game. Sports and news seem intertwined to me.

However, programs like "The Soprano's" and "24", etc. don't have as much of an impact on the news. Thus, they are easier to avoid then sports and have a larger lifespan on television. I have no quantifiable data to back me up, but I'd bet there are a thousand times more programs like "24" on Tivo's across American than there are sporting events. That's just because the medium of sports seems more immediate.

But, again, that's just my own opinion and I didn't mean my earlier statements on spoilers to come out meaning that Hoya should set himself on fire in the middle of public square. Some people get more annoyed at that kind of stuff than I do.

:shrug:

If you haven't watched the most recently aired episode of a show that is discussed with a thread on this board, then don't venture into the thread until you have seen it.

How hard is it?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote