View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #64
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Got this from over at Sherdog

"As the referee jumped in to stop the fight, Lawler caught the prone Trigg with another right hook.

"If it was Niko (Vitale) I wouldn't have done that, because Niko's the man and he has respect," Lawler said. "Trigg has no respect.""

Pretty awful. Sounds like he's pretty clearly saying he knew that Trigg was already KO'ed, that's inexcusable if true. The ref should've been in there sooner though, it's up to him to put a clamp on that quickly.

I also just read that Don Frye vs. James Thompson has been added to the next Pride card. Man, they're forming up a real crap show for their final one. Although I do find myself strangely excited for the Zulu vs. Butterbean fight, and I'm ashamed.

Lawler's always been a bit of a hot head, but he had no business throwing that last punch. Ultimately though what the heck was the ref watching? As soon as he slumped (if not sooner) he should have been in there.

That next Pride card blows. It's pretty much like the Ferrettas said don't waste any major talent on your final show before we take over, so that we can control all the money matches. I'm taking Butterbean though, and James Thompson in an upset.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote