View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 AM   #53
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
This is big news. For anyone who hasn't seen Pride, Pride has some of the best fighters in the world. This merger will allow the best of the UFC to fight the best of Pride in a Superbowl type setup. Not sure how they will handle it, but it should lead for some great future match ups.

I enjoyed what I saw initially from UFC, though I will admit I don't watch as much as I used to.

I showed a buddy and he got really hooked, and he did a little research and found out about Pride and together we watched some of the fights over the weekend while my daughter was sick.

I liked it more because it was less about grappling and more about winning. I was started to get bored with all the grappling bouts without any submission attempts. I also liked it because it was more offense, less defense. Some bouts the figthers just kept their hands down (never good in any fight), so it was always a hair away from knockouts.

I'm not sure if it'll be a good thing, yes some of the Pride fighters are really good, but I like the fact that it was rather unsantized and not really for the American market.

We'll just have to wait and see.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote